Do you want to learn more about how Facebook makes selling cars easier? Dealers can list their used vehicle inventory on Marketplace to reach more people on Facebook and here’s how:
- Listings appear to people where they’re already browsing vehicle listings.
- You can respond quickly to questions with Facebook Messenger or a short instant form, depending on location.
- You can show info like price, model and mileage.
- You can reach people with listings specially formatted for phones.
In order to efficiently manage your used car inventory, it is best to work with one Marketplace Inventory Partner to show listings on Facebook. According to Facebook Business Centre, working with more than one partner may result in fewer leads overall from Marketplace.
It is important the following information:
- Dealerships can’t list new cars but can list certified pre-owned inventory.
- Dealership listings will appear only on Marketplace, not on a Facebook Page (unless deliberately shared to a Page).
- Car purchases can’t be made directly on Marketplace. Marketplace just connects buyers and sellers.
- Dealership listings will appear with individual sellers’ listings on Marketplace, but buyers can filter between dealership or individual listings when they search for vehicles.
- By default, Marketplace shows listings within 40 miles of a person’s location. People can change this setting as needed when they search for vehicles.
If you aren’t doing so already, your dealership can use your marketplace inventory to run automotive inventory ads:
Deliver ads to people who want to see them. With automotive inventory ads, you can automatically serve up ads with real-time availability and pricing to people based on vehicles they show intent to purchase.
Reach people across devices. Your ads will appear on web and mobile, regardless of the device they used to originally see your product.
Your campaigns are always on. Your campaigns are automatically set to reach people with the right inventory at the right time, based on the actions they take on your website or app.